Looking for Inspiring People and Projects
The award is given with the aim of honouring people and organizations that set an example through their work contributing to reconciliation, human rights, overcoming of racism, social justice, sustainable handling of nature and environment as well as to intercultural and interreligious understanding.
Patron of the Bremen Peace Award is Bremen’s former mayor Karoline Linnert.
The Peace Prize is awarded in three categories:
Grassroots Peace Worker
This award goes to dedicated individuals and their projects, with special emphasis on future-oriented peace work at the grassroots level; for example, striving for peace in forgotten conflicts, struggling for the rights of marginalized people, or fighting against habitat destruction.
Peace Ambassador in Public Life
This award goes to renowned public figures that persistently and courageously support Peace, Justice, and the Integrity of Creation, be it in international networks or in different areas of society, such as media, arts, sciences or politics.
Award of the Donors for Encouraging Initiatives
This award goes to initiatives or organizations that do especially creative, exemplary or sustainable peace work.
From the nominations received, the schwelle Foundation will prepare a shortlist from which the donators will chose the award-winning initiative. Thus everybody, by means of a donation to the foundation, may participate in the election.
Further information you'll find here: Award of the Donors
The award winners will be honoured during a public ceremony at the Bremen Town Hall in November 2021. The awards are endowed with 5,000 Euros in each category.
Proposals for the Bremen Peace Award should be submitted by third parties or organizations. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Please send your proposals with the following documentation:
- Full name and address (including email and phone number) of the suggested person/organization, website and name of contact person in organizations
- Reasons for the proposal (not more than 3 pages), please describe the following:
- What exactly does the person/organization? Please add examples.
- Since when has the person/organization been active?
- For organizations: How did the organization come about?
- For persons: What led the person to his/her commitment?
- Information regarding previously received awards, if any.
- Brief presentation of yourself as the person/organization submitting a proposal.
- What is your relationship with the nominated person/organization, how did you get to know the person/organization?
If you wish to submit additional information, please enclose them as annex. We will contact you in case further clarification or more information is needed.
Proposals should be submitted by December 20, 2020 in English, German, French or Spanish to:
Ms. Petra Titze, Stiftung die schwelle,
Wachmannstr. 79, D-28209, Bremen, Germany.
For further information: petra.titze(at)dieschwelle.de
or Petra Titze: 0049-421-3032577.
IBAN: DE 45 2903 0400 0000 0942 93
Bank: Bankhaus Carl F. Plump
Your contact Person
+49 - (0)421 - 30 32 - 577
Make your donation here and decide about the Peace Award winner.