gewaltfrei handeln e.V.: Education in Nonviolent Conflict Processing
The association gewaltfrei handeln offers basic and advanced training courses as well as special seminars on non-violent conflict resolution methods. gewaltfrei handeln not only trains participants to become qualified peace workers and trainers, but also supports some of them working in projects in different parts of the world.
"We dismiss passiveness and violence as a medium of the fight. We replace it through the power of truth, justice and love" – Hildegard Goss-Mayr.
This quote of Hildegard Goss-Mayr describes the main work of gewaltfrei handeln e.V. Since 1992 the Association is committed to resolve conflicts peacefully, as this is the best way for lasting clarifications.
In these courses offered by gewaltfrei handeln, participants acquire and broaden their knowledge and skills of non-violent conflict management, mediation, the spirituality of non-violence as well as of conflict theories. This qualification may enable them to work for peace, justice and the integrity of creation in their own country or abroad, as volunteers or professionals, on a long-term or short-term basis.
gewaltfrei handeln e.V. gives its course participants tools to be actively involved in keeping justice, freedom and the integrity of creation.
Carrying out practical trainings and supporting people working with conflict resolution methods is rooted in gewaltfrei handeln’s ecumenical spirituality. However, there is also a political dimension to it: gewaltfrei handeln serves as an idea broker triggering debates on peace issues and the implementation of these methods – within the Church and society in general. The organizational profile of gewaltfrei handeln is unique as it combines professional skills with a politically engaged spirituality of non-violence.
gewaltfrei handeln e.V. was co-founded by the schwelle Foundation under its previous name Ecumenical Service for a Ministry of Shalom (OeD) and is one of its most important partners.
Conflict Resolution / Reconciliation
- Proposal 3: Dealing Non-Violently With Conflict in Turkey - Nonviolent Education and Research Association
- Proposal 2: Making womens' rights stronger through education - Afghanistan Libre
- Toolmaker for Peace Work in Germany: Karl-Heinz Bittl
- A courageous campaign for indigenous women in Colombia: Maria Elena Unigarro Coral
- From the Files Onto the Stage: A project embracing the fields of research, teaching, theatre and youth work
- gewaltfrei handeln e.V.: Education in Nonviolent Conflict Processing
- Youth on the World: Learning on Two Continents in Cameroon and Bremen
- Close to the people in Peru: Nury Garcia
- From inside the family: The Mother Child Education Foundation (AÇEV) from Turkey
- Standing tall for a vision: Adetoun Kuppers-Adebisi
- The multi-tasking organization: The Women's collective from Matagalpa in Nicaragua
- Music Unites Worlds in Germany: Project "You always have a choice"
- Church & Peace: A Network for Peace and Reconciliation
- Sister of the Forgotten Children in Congo: Sr. Weronika Sakowska